War Amps (The)
Service: National Headquarters
|Record #: OCR1624||Last Modified: 08 May 2020||Last Full Update: 20 Jun 2019|
|Description (Service)||Organization that offers help to amputees of all ages, through its programs
Main programs and services:
* Key Tag and Address Label Service: Key tags and Address Labels are mailed to Canadians once a year but are available for order at any time. The sheltered workshop where the key tags are made also provides employment for Canadian amputees and people with disabilities.
* Child Amputee (CHAMP) Program: Offers comprehensive services to child amputees and their families, including financial assistance, regional seminars and peer support.
** National Amputee Centre (NAC): Educates amputees and their families about all aspects of amputation, as well as works closely with prosthetic and orthotic centres, manufacturers and the prosthetic industry in general to keep apprised of the latest developments in amputee care.
* Advocacy: Educates amputees on their rights and helps them access important financial and health-care benefits
* PLAYSAFE / DRIVESAFE Programs: Kids-to-kids approach to safety awareness where, through parades, public service messages and videos, CHAMP youngsters become Safety Ambassadors
* Adult Amputee Program: Provides adult amputees with financial assistance towards the cost of artificial limbs and a wealth of information about life as an amputee.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm|
|Application||Call to access programs or services and to obtain forms|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Ottawa|
|Address & Map||
2827 Riverside Dr
Ottawa, ON K1V 0C4
View Google Map
|Intersection||Riverside Dr and Hog's Back Rd|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-465-2677
CHAMP Program 1-800-267-4023
Key Tags 1-800-250-3030
National Amputee Centre 1-877-612-2472
PLAYSAFE / DRIVESAFE Programs 1-800-267-7487
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheWarAmps
|Primary Executive||Dave Saundeers, Chief Operating Officer; Phone: 416-412-0600; Fax: 1-800-219-8988; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Executive||Danita Chisholm, Executive Director of Communications\CHAMP; Phone: 613-731-3821; Email: email@example.com|
|Service Categories||Assistive Devices - Funding Assistance ; Assistive Devices - Where to buy/rent/borrow ; Children/Youth with Disabilities ; Disability Associations ; Health & Physical Disabilities ; Health and Physical Disabilities ; Resources for Children and Youth with Disabilities ; Youth with Disabilities|
|Service Category Groups||Child / Family Services ; Disabilities ; Health Care ; Youth|